Parts of Speech - Adjectives
Adjectives are not limited in how many can be used with a noun to modify it as in the big black frightening curly bear. These adjectives follow an order pattern when two or more are used together. There is no written rule but just common usage.
Correct: the second three days
Incorrect: three second the days
Correct: both his friends
Incorrect: his both friends
Instructions: Because many words can be both pronouns and adjectives depending on how they are used in a sentence, decide if the italicized words are pronouns or adjectives in the following sentences. Remember that pronouns stand alone, but adjectives are used to modify nouns.
1. Do either of you have any of this material. Any amount would help.
2. Each girl did her chores, and their mother gave each a hug.
3. This is our answer, and no one disagrees.
4. Both have many chances to play, but neither one is better.
5. What is your name because neither of us knows it?