Parts of Speech - Nouns
A noun is a word that names a person, place, or thing. It also one of the eight parts of speech. Examples: man, city, book, and courage. Nouns often follow words like a, an, and the.
Instructions: Pick out all the nouns in these sentences.
1. The teacher told the student that a person should always be loyal.
2. People with perseverance will be successful in life.
3. I bought a new pen at the drugstore across the street.
4. The man said to the policeman that he had not seen the accident.
--For answers scroll down.
1. teacher, student, person
2. people, perseverance, life
3. pen, drugstore, street
4. man, policeman, accident
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search