Parts of Speech - Adjectives
Verb forms can also be used as adjectives. They are called participial adjectives.
Examples: the lost mine, the howling wolf.
Instructions: Pick out the adjectives in these sentences.
1. The soaking rain caused much damage.
2. The broken dish cut the crying girl.
3. A great work was done by the person with a giving spirit.
4. The laughing hyena was sleeping in its cage.
5. The eager student found the torn book.
--For answers scroll down.
1. The, soaking, much
2. The, broken, the, crying
3. A, great, the, a, giving
4. The, laughing, its
5. The, eager, the, torn
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search