Quiz for Lessons 366 - 370
Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas
Instructions: Place commas or other punctuation where they are needed.
1. "Is it time to go " asked Irene.
2. "I did not do it " said the convict "I wasn't even here yesterday."
3. He wanted to go to the party but no one would give him a ride.
4. He had read all the trilogy; consequently he didn't have a new book to read.
5. He exclaimed "Don't go that way!"
6. "You didn't " she said "tell me that you felt that way."
7. "You will do what I asked or you will not get your allowance."
8. "Will you repair my car today " he asked "I need it for tomorrow."
9. "I will do my best " answered the mechanic "but I cannot guarantee that I will be finished."
10. He didn't know the final answer; thus he lost all the money.