Parts of Speech - Prepositions
Instructions: Tell which of the italicized words are prepositions. Remember that prepositions must have an object.
1. Come in and sit down with me.
2. He climbed up on the ladder and through the window.
3. Mrs. Jones came by at suppertime but not since.
4. The firefighter crawled along with the child who was near death.
5. Since no noise came from the building, he walked away.
--For answers scroll down.
2. on, through
4. with, near
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search