Mechanics - Punctuation - Apostrophes
In writing conversation, use apostrophes to show letters omitted in colloquial or careless speech.
Example: He prob'ly will be playin' football.
Instructions: Supply the apostrophes in the following sentences.
1. We are all goin with you tonight.
2. I am runnin this place, and I am not wantin any help.
3. I do not want help from you r anyone else.
4. This souwestern will be a bad storm.
5. I blieve I will be going now.
--For answers scroll down.
1. We are all goin' with you tonight.
2. I am runnin' this place, and I am not wantin' any help.
3. I do not want help from you 'r anyone else.
4. This sou'western will be a bad storm.
5. I b'lieve I will be going now.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search