Mechanics - Punctuation - Periods
Use a period to show decimals, dollars, and cents. Examples: This costs $6.99. Two and one half is written 2.5.
Instructions: Put periods where needed in the following sentences.
1. In decimals, 225 would mean two and one fourth.
2. That new saddle will cost us $72933. (seven hundred twenty-nine dollars and thirty-three cents)
3. The little girl paid $025 (twenty-five cents) for the sucker, and the boy paid $059 (fifty-nine cents) for the candy bar.
4. In decimals, four and ninety-nine hundredths is written 499.
5. Seven and two thirds is written 767.
--For answers scroll down.
3. $0.25 / $0.59
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search