Mechanics - Capitalization
Capitalize North, South, East, West, and words such as Northwest when they indicate a section of the world or country. Do not capitalize them when they indicate a direction.
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. I used to live in the northwest.
2. go north a mile and then turn east for two miles.
3. The west is burning up this year.
4. The Navahos of the southwest make beautiful blankets.
5. The north is cold, but if you travel south, the weather becomes warmer.
--For answers scroll down.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search