Mechanics - Capitalization
Capitalize a common noun when it is part of a proper noun. Examples: river - Jordan River, uncle - Uncle Al, street - Main Street
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. i have crossed the missouri river.
2. Did you attend mountain view high school?
3. the three boys joined the boy scouts.
4. aunt alice will be coming from africa.
5. The magazine people is read by many people.
--For answers scroll down.
1. I/Missouri River
2. Mountain View High School
3. The (at beginning of sentence)/Boy Scouts
4. Aunt Alice/Africa
5. People (the first one)
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search