Parts of the Sentence - Compound/Complex Sentences
Instructions: The following sentences are either a simple sentence, a compound sentence, a complex sentence or a compound/complex sentence. Identify the sentences telling what kind each is.
1. Jim and his friend Ryan had planned to return to Canada.
2. Although we searched everywhere, Curtis could find no trace of his shoes.
3. Alaina wrote an original poem, and her mother corrected her spelling.
4. Since he was entrusted with the secret, Fred became very serious, and he was no longer a practical joker.
5. The real story is that he was injured while he was hiking.
--For answers scroll down.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search