Quiz for Lessons 426 - 430
Mechanics - Punctuation - Dashes
Dashes are used to give emphasis to written ideas and are typed by using two hyphens. They should be used sparingly.
Instructions: Use dashes where they are needed in the following sentences.
1. I I I don't know what you mean!
2. We need to paint everything the window frames, the doors, the walls.
3. Next week how I dread it! I have to go to court.
4. You know the man across the street you are not even listening to me.
5. The dishes, the windows, the tile they were all broken by the storm.
6. They fished in the lower river a waste of time!
7. We had many things to do for the trip buy tickets, get passports, pack, arrange for the animals.
8. We we we shouldn't be in this warehouse.
9. This movie what a thriller! was the best I have seen recently.
10. Have you met my wife my best friend and eternal companion?