Quiz for Lessons 381 - 385
Mechanics - Punctuation - Semicolons
Instructions: Place semicolons where they are needed in the following sentences.
1. I am looking for the poem "The Path Not Taken" I need it tomorrow.
2. Jim sings bass Jeff, tenor.
3. I have visited Riverside, California, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and Butte, Montana.
4. I will steal, cheat, and lie for you but I will not kill for you.
5. There was a sudden noise everything stopped immediately.
6. Although we may need more time, I believe we will be victorious and I believe you feel that way, too.
7. We can trust him implicitly nevertheless, we should not be careless.
8. The house looked like what we wanted on the other hand, we had not been inside.
9. I had food, clothing, and furniture but I didn't have my family.
10. He was such a "klutz" I couldn't stand him.