Quiz for Lesson 251 - 255
Parts of the Sentence - Adjective Dependent Clauses
Instructions: Find the adjective dependent clause in the following sentences and tell which word it modifies.
1. I like a leader who listens to his men.
- who listens to his men modifies leader
2. The dog which I loved dearly was hit by a truck last night.
by a truck last night.
- which I loved dearly modifies dog
3. Rulon is a person who takes responsibility well.
- who takes responsibility well modifies person
4. All individuals who purchased tickets will be admitted.
will be admitted.
- who purchased tickets modifies individuals
5. The shirt that you bought me doesn't fit well.
- that you bought me modifies shirt
6. The woman who baked the winning pie is my wife.
- who baked the winning pie modifies woman
7. You called at a time when I was unable to answer.
- when I was unable to answer modifies time
8. Gayle is the one for whom you are looking.
- for whom you are looking modifies one
9. Those who are willing to serve others will be rewarded.
will be rewarded.
- who are willing to serve others modifies Those
10. One to whom much is given is expected to give much in return.
expected to give much in return.
- to whom much is given modifies One