Quiz for Lessons 211 - 215
Parts of the Sentence - Verbals - Gerunds
Instructions: Find the gerunds and gerund phrases in the following sentences and tell if they are used as a subject, a direct object, a predicate nominative, an appositive, an indirect object, or an object of a preposition.
1. Cooking gourmet meals can be very expensive.
2. NASA likes shooting at the moon.
3. You need a rereading of the script.
4. Our only hope is taking them by surprise.
5. That man was known for sparing the rod.
6. You cannot do that, parking near a fire hydrant.
7. Our task, driving on that road, was very difficult.
8. Try doing it this way.
9. Just thinking of traveling in space excites many people.
excites many people.
10. I find relaxation in my gardening.