Parts of Speech - Adverbs
The adjectivesAdjectives modify or affect the meaning of nouns and pronouns and tell us which, whose, what kind, and how many about the nouns or pronouns they modify.
Source: Lesson 31 real and awful should not be used for the adverbsAdverbs are words that modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs. They tell how (manner), when (time), where (place), how much (degree), and why (cause).
Source: Lesson 46 really, very, and extremely.
Instructions: Choose the correct form for each of these sentences.
1. She is (very, real) sorry.
2. Today is (really, real) stormy.
3. Is that a (really, real) person?
4. Be sure to drive (very, real) carefully on slick roads.
5. I am (extremely, real) tired of your antics.