Mechanics - Punctuation - Brackets
Use a bracketed sic [meaning "thus in the original"] to show that an error in quoted material is not an error in quoting, but the error was in the original text.
"i[sic] felt very bad."
(The "I" should have been capitalized.)
Instructions: Insert [sic] where needed in the following sentences.
1. "The robber put the monie in the canvas bag."
2. "I will be leaving early tommorrow by train."
3. "I wanted to kill the man because he was a Yanky."
4. "He was a nown criminal by everyone there."
5. He complained, "I ain't going."