Mechanics - Punctuation - Parentheses
Use parentheses to enclose abbreviations synonymous with spelled-out forms occurring after the forms or if the order is reversed.
I will meet with U.E.A. (Utah Education Association) leaders at 4:00.
I will meet with Utah Education Association (U.E.A.) leaders at 4:00.
Instructions: Use parentheses where needed in these sentences.
1. The FFA Future Farmers of America boys from our school won many awards.
2. What was the ruling by the Federal Communications Commission FCC?
3. The pipe that will be used is PVC polyvinyl chloride.
4. The National Education Association NEA will have its conference in February.
5. The BSA Boy Scouts of America has come under fire recently.