Mechanics - Punctuation - Parentheses
Use parentheses to mark numbered or lettered divisions within sentences or paragraphs.
We will read the following chapters for our discussion tomorrow: (1) Africa, (2) India, and (3) Iceland.
Instructions: Use parentheses where needed in these sentences.
1. Before you turn in your paper, check 1 spelling, 2 punctuation, 3 capitalization, and 4 footnotes.
2. Our trip will take us to 1 Swanee, 2 Moreno Valley, 3 Taber, and 4 Rio de Janeiro.
3. We must set 1 our short term goals, 2 our long term goals, and 3 the ways they will be accomplished.
4. Our possible means of transportation are as follows: 1 bicycle, 2 ox cart, 3 train, 4 bus, or 5 by foot.
5. We must include 1 our family, 2 our friends, and 3 our neighbors so we don't offend anyone.