Mechanics - Punctuation - Hyphens
Use a hyphen in a compound adjectiveAdjectives modify or affect the meaning of nouns and pronouns and tell us which, whose, what kind, and how many about the nouns or pronouns they modify. They come before the noun or pronoun they modify except for the predicate adjective which comes after a linking verb and modifies the subject. Source: Lesson 151 that is a fraction.
You need a two-thirds majority for passage.
Instructions: Supply hyphens where they are needed in these sentences.
1. For that recipe you need one fourth cup of cream.
2. Cut off three eighths of an inch from that board.
3. That bug is only seven sixteenths of an inch long.
4. A three fifths majority is really 60 percent.
5. The bylaws require a three fourths majority to change them.