Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas
Use a comma wherever necessary for clarity to prevent misreading.
Beneath, the water sparkled brilliantly. (clear)
Beneath the water sparkled brilliantly. (confusing)
Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.
1. To write one must spend much time revising and proofreading.
2. After washing the boy left for the game.
3. Although a real diamond mine is rather small.
4. Inside the store contained many beautiful statues.
5. When eating a person should use good manners.