Mechanics - Capitalization Review
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The great dog story called lassie come home was written by major eric knight.
The great dog story called Lassie Come Home was written by Major Eric Knight.
2. last year we visited yellowstone park, the tetons, mount rushmore, and several indian ruins.
Last year we visited Yellowstone Park, the Tetons, Mount Rushmore, and several Indian ruins.
3. Alaina shouted, "we can watch star wars again because mother said."
Alaina shouted, "We can watch Star Wars again because Mother said."
4. We think of the north with ice and snow but the south as hot and dry.
We think of the North with ice and snow but the South as hot and dry.
5. on thursday, june 18, the rev. tom gustaveson, the pastor of the baptist church, will come to canyon view junior high to speak about life in the australian outback.
On Thursday, June 18, the Rev. Tom Gustaveson, the pastor of the Baptist church, will come to Canyon View Junior High to speak about life in the Australian outback.
Links to related lessons:
abbreviations, Lesson 317
calendar references, Lessons 306 & 315
common nouns, Lesson 305
cultural references, Lesson 309
direct quotations, Lesson 322
directions, Lesson 307
epithets, Lesson 320
first word of sentence, Lesson 301
geographic references, Lesson 310
I, Lesson 302
names, Lessons 304, 311, 312, 313, 314, & 318
personification, Lesson 320
poetry, Lesson 323
proper adjectives, Lesson 325
proper nouns, Lessons 304 & 311
religious references, Lesson 308
salutation of letters, Lesson 324
school subjects, Lesson 319
titles, Lesson 316 & 321