Quiz for Lessons 96-100
Parts of the Sentence - Subject/Verb
Instructions: Find the subjects, verbs, interjections, introductory there, and conjunctions in the following sentences. Remember that subjects and verbs can be compound.
1. There were no pies, cakes or cookies on the shelves.
2. Oh, neither Jane nor Tarzan would return to civilization.
3. Barbara and her friends sat on the floor, ate goodies, and listened to records.
4. The brothers swam, fished, and rowed the boat on their vacation.
5. Wow, this lesson is hard but was fun.
--For answers scroll down.
1. pies, cakes, cookies - subjects; were - verb; there - introductory; or - conjunction
2. Jane, Tarzan - subjects; would return - verb; oh - interjection; neither, nor - conjunction
3. Barbara, friends - subjects; sat, ate, listened - verbs; and, and - conjunctions
4. brothers - subject; swam, fished, rowed - verbs; and - conjunction
5. lesson - subject; is, was - verbs; wow - interjection; but - conjunction
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.shtml. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search