Quiz for Lessons 276 - 280
Parts of the Sentence - Adjective, Adverb, and Noun Clauses
Instructions: Find the adjective, adverb, or noun clauses in these sentences. If it is an adjective or adverb clause, tell which word it modifies, and if it is a noun clause, tell how if it is used as the subject, predicate nominative, direct object, appositive, indirect object, or object of the preposition.
1. If the manager is unable to help, try the assistant manager.
2. The mayor is the person to whom you should write the letter.
3. The man whose neck was broken has recovered completely.
4. The scientist said that the ozone levels were dangerous.
5. The city council objected when the mayor changed his mind.
6. It is unfortunate that Mr. Jones will not return.
7. Why you don't do your work is ridiculous to me.
8. This cemetery is where your Grandfather is buried.
9. The report that the island is under water is very misleading.
10. We offered whoever told the truth clemency.
--For answers scroll down.
1. If the manager is unable to help = adverb clause modifying the verb try
2. whom you should write the letter = noun clause used as the object of the preposition
3. whose neck was broken = adjective clause modifying the subject man
4. that the ozone levels were dangerous = noun clause used as the direct object
5. when the mayor changed his mind = adverb clause modifying the verb objected
6. that Mr. Jones will not return = adverb clause modifying the predicate adjective unfortunate
7. Why you don't do your work = noun clause used as the subject
8. where your Grandfather is buried = noun clause used as the predicate nominative
9. that the island is under water = noun clause used as the appositive
10. whoever told the truth = noun clause used as the indirect object
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2017 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.shtml. Our lessons
Daily Grammar Lessons Search