Quiz for Lessons 216 - 220
Parts of the Sentence - Verbals - Noun Infinitives
Instructions: Find the noun infinitive phrases in the following sentences and tell how they are used.
1. To sit in judgment is a difficult task.
2. To waste time in class is foolishness.
3. To party and to sleep in were his only faults.
4. My grandfather wanted only to build a home and raise a family.
5. Barbara hopes to be home soon.
6. His joys were to play soccer and to visit friends.
7. To save money for a rainy day is a good idea.
8. The man's goal was to go to college and to study law.
9. Everyone wants to be rewarded for one's efforts.
10. Our desire is nothing but to live happily.
--For answers scroll down.
1. to sit in judgment = subject
2. to waste time in class = subject
3. to party/to sleep in = subjects
4. to build a home/(to) raise a family = direct objects
5. to be home soon = direct object
6. to play soccer/to visit friends = predicate nominatives
7. to save money for a rainy day = subject
8. to go to college/to study law = predicate nominatives
9. to be rewarded for one's efforts = direct object
10. to live happily = object of the preposition
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.shtml. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search