Quiz for Lessons 191 - 195
Parts of the Sentence - Review
Instructions: Using all the knowledge learned in the previous lessons, find the verb, subjects, predicate nominatives, direct objects, appositives, nouns of address, adjectives, predicate adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, objects of the preposition, and indirect objects in the following sentences. If there are any adjectives, adverbs, prepositional phrases, or indirect objects then tell what word they modify.
1. The car dealer gave Jim a low price for his old car.
hisAdj oldAdj carOoP.
- The and car modify dealer
- Jim modifies gave
- a and low modify price
- for his old car modifies gave or price
- his and old modify car
2. Will wanted a job at the ranger station.
- a modifies job
- at the ranger station modifies job
- the and ranger modify station
3. My neighbors brought me some candy and a basket of fruit for my birthday.
and aAdj basketDO ofPrep fruitOoP
forPrep myAdj birthdayOoP.
- My modifies neighbors
- me modifies brought
- some modifies candy
- a modifies basket
- of fruit modifies basket
- for my birthday modifies brought
- my modifies birthday
4. We gave the man the name of a lodge near Trial Lake.
nearPrep Trial LakeOoP.
- the modifies man
- man modifies gave
- the modifies name
- of a lodge modifies name
- a modifies lodge
- near Trial Lake modifies lodge
5. An unknown donor gave the hospital a million dollars for research.
millionAdj dollarsDO forPrep
- An and unknown modify donor
- the modifies hospital
- hospital modifies gave
- a and million modify dollars
- for research modifies gave
6. The frightening experience taught the child some important lessons.
childIO someAdj importantAdj
- The and frightening modify experience
- the modifies child
- child modifies taught
- some and important modify lessons
7. You should have given Boyd and me more time.
- Boyd and me modify should have given
- more modifies time