Quiz for Lessons 161 - 165
Parts of the Sentence - Adverbs
Instructions: Find the adverbs in the following sentences and tell what word they modify.
1. The pancakes are almost ready.
- almost modifies ready
2. The student answered the teacher nervously but clearly.
- nervously and clearly modify answered
3. The tour will leave early today.
- early and today modify will leave
4. I am still unusually tired by afternoon.
- still modifies am
- unusually modifies tired
5. The stranded hiker quietly gave up the chance of rescue.
- quietly and up modify gave
6. Yesterday our fullback fumbled twice in the game.
- Yesterday and twice modify fumbled
7. Why couldn't you blow out your candles?
- Why, n't, and out modify could blow
8. My little brother almost always eats the most at dinner.
- always modifies eats
- almost modifies always
9. Haven't you ridden your new motor bike yet?
- n't and ridden modify have ridden
10. Your essay was written very neatly and legibly.
- neatly and legibly modify was written
- very modifies neatly (possibly legibly also)