Parts of the Sentence - Subject/Verb
The subject of the sentence can also be compound. Example: The bell and siren rang.
Instructions: Find the subject, verb, and conjunctions in these sentences.
1. Barbara, Ann, and Jeanne came home for the holidays.
2. Either Jim or Jeff will move to the new apartment.
3. Both Pam and her husband love the new baby.
4. You, Joe, and I are in the new play.
5. Mom or Dad will be gone by morning.
--For answers scroll down.
1. Barbara, Ann, Jeanne - subjects; came - verb; and - conjunction
2. Jim, Jeff - subjects; will move - verb; either, or - conjunctions
3. Pam, husband -subjects; love - verb; both, and - conjunctions
4. you, Joe, I - subjects; are - verb; and - conjunction
5. Mom, Dad - subjects; will be gone - verb; or - conjunction
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search