Mechanics - Punctuation - Slash
Use a slash (/) to separate parts of fractions. Example: 2/3, 15/16
Instructions: Replace the fractions in these sentences by using numbers with the slash.
1. We only need three quarters of a yard of that material.
2. That door is three sixteenths too long to fit.
3. You only get one-half of the money.
4. She was asleep one fourth of the time when she should have been working.
5. This must be within one sixty-fourth of an inch.
--For answers scroll down.
1. We only need 3/4 of a yard of that material.
2. That door is 3/16's too long to fit.
3. You only get 1/2 of the money.
4. She was asleep 1/4 of the time when she should have been working.
5. This must be within 1/64 of an inch.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search