Mechanics - Punctuation - Quotation Marks
Always place commas and periods inside quotation marks. Example: One famous painting is "The Song of the Lark."
Instructions: Use quotation marks where needed in these sentences.
1. I like the sea poem The Revenge.
2. I had hoped, said Bob, that you would be in the play.
3. I enjoyed the story The Milk Pitcher, the short story about baseball and a cow.
4. Yes, Captain Smith said, we can go sailing.
5. You never answer anything with the word yes.
--For answers scroll down.
1. I like the sea poem "The Revenge."
2. "I had hoped," said Bob, "that you would be in the play."
3. I enjoyed the story "The Milk Pitcher," the short story about baseball and a cow.
4. "Yes," Captain Smith said, "we can go sailing."
5. You never answer anything with the word "yes."
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search