Mechanics - Punctuation - Quotation Marks
Use quotation marks around the titles of short stories, short plays, short poems and short musical compositions; of art works, articles, chapters, essays, and speeches; of radio and television programs. Example: My favorite painting is "Blue Boy."
Instructions: Use quotation marks where needed in these sentences.
1. I was very interested in the article Our Missing President.
2. I loved the old television program Maverick.
3. Have you read Miniver Cheevy, the short narrative poem?
4. At Christmas time I love to read The Gift of the Magi, a short story by O. Henry.
5. That song playing is Greensleeves, isn't it?
--For answers scroll down.
1. I was very interested in the article "Our Missing President."
2. I loved the old television program "Maverick."
3. Have you read "Miniver Cheevy," the short narrative poem?
4. At Christmas time I love to read "The Gift of the Magi," a short story by O. Henry.
5. That song playing is "Greensleeves," isn't it?
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search