Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas
Use a comma to separate co-ordinate adjectives. Co-ordinate adjectives can be checked to see if a comma is necessary by placing and between them. They will sound smooth and correct with the and.
The warm, sunny day made everyone happy. (warm and sunny sounds smooth)
You are a clever little girl. (clever and little doesn't sound smooth)
Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.
1. Today was not a clear sunny day.
2. Allison thought she was such a clever little girl.
3. Where did you buy that dashing red car?
4. They say that tomorrow will be a sunny warm day.
5. Your careless inconsiderate behavior could cause you serious problems.