Mechanics - Punctuation - Periods
Use a period after the abbreviations Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., and St. (Saint) before a name and Jr., Sr., and Esq., after a name. Do not use a period with Miss because it is not an abbreviation.
Instructions: Put periods where needed in the following sentences.
1. Mr Samuel H White spoke at the celebration last night.
2. Mr and Mrs J B Smythe and their son J B Smythe, Jr , will be at the opening ceremonies.
3. Have you been to St Petersburg and St Louis?
4. Dr Leonard J Arrington was a great historian
5. Ms P T Roberts and Mr John J Jones, Esq will speak at tomorrow's meeting.